As grains have been called , and for good reason “whole” grains are a complex carb which is the” body’s main source of fuel” [ a scientific fact ] today, the year 2016. Interestingly the bible backs science up Zech 9 : 17 [Niv] bible . This runs contrary to what you hear today with the espousal of Paleo , Atkins [ Ketosis] .
Grains [ wheat] have been around from the beginning Gen 1 : 29 , Gen 41 : 49 [Niv] bible . They have been called the perfect food with healing properties , and vital life giving substances .
Important [ points] of complex carbs [ grains] :
- ] Easily used as fuel for the body [ glucose]
- ] Needed for a healthy [ nervous system , kidney’s , brain , muscles , heart ].
- ] The brain is primarily fueled by carbs
- ] Important for intestinal health and waste elimination .
- ] They provide fiber for the body . [ Low fiber has been shown to be a contributing cause of constipation . High fiber has been shown in many study’s to reduce risk of heart disease along with fruit/ veg].
- ] They are one of the” 3″ macro- nutrients 2] protein , 3] fat . [ How could eliminating one of the” 3″ macro- nutrients be a good thing as you hear today ? ]
- ] Grains [ carbs] are one of the original “4” food groups .
Whole foods [ grains] have tremendous healing powers . Think about this , how could something” whole” be bad for you ?
- You” must” eat carbs [ bread] with protein to keep from going into Ketosis [ an acidic blood Ph ] which you” do not want” [ gout , kidney problems , arthritis] .
- Of the 3 macro – nutrients the break down should be 65 % carbs , 25 % protein, 15 % fat .
- Don’t listen to much of anything you hear today , that Carbs are bad for you , it’s all wrong, there is no truth out there today, as a great man of God predicted for our modern times Isa 59 : 1 [Niv] bible . If you had to pick one food to live on it would be bread [ carbs] Matt 4 : 4 [ Niv] bible .
- Remember there are variety’s of grains other than wheat 1] barley 2] rye 3 ] spelt 4] millet 5] corn 6] buckwheat
- As a matter of fact, grains [ spelt] strengthens the heart muscle Ps 104 : 15 [ Niv] bible . Their” so” important even refined [ white] bread [chemical free] is better than no [ bread] .
- There’s a recent study just out by Harvard about the importance of “whole” grains
- You know I never gave this a thought but my brother brought this thought to my attention , it’s like the only food you eat with all your meals . If I eat an apple at say lunch I have no desire or craving to eat another one the rest of the day . Unlike grains [ bread] which you can and should eat with most meals . For example eggs and toast [ bread] for breakfast , tuna sandwich [ bread] for lunch , etc ! . You see it’s like natural to eat bread [ grains] with most meals you can’t really say that about most or any other food . Think about it .
- No grains are GMO , except corn . No wheat is GMO that has reached the market and surely not spelt , rye , millet , barley .
- As for hybrids, even if it’s a hybrid, it still has great nutritional value, maybe not quite as much as grains from heirloom seeds which incidently more and more farmers are actually using .
- Hybrid is not the same as GMO !!! they are 2 different processes. Hybrid seed cross pollination is not bad GMO is “gene splicing” F1 hybrids are” man just doing natures work ” . As long as it has seeds it has value , without seeds it is no good . Hybrids are created through guided “natural” reproduction, not gene splicing, as is GMO .
- Of course at all costs buy “organic” breads as much as possible, monetarily permitting .
List, Nutrients, and Benefits of Eating Healthy Whole Grain Foods [ Info taken from bible super foods site ]
List of Whole Grains:
Nutrients In Healthy Grains:
Benefits of Whole Grains:
- Stroke risk reduced – 30-36%
- Type 2 diabetes risk reduced – 21-30%
- Heart disease risk reduced – 25-28%
- Better weight maintenance
- Reduced risk of asthma
- Healthier carotid arteries
- Reduction of inflammatory disease risk
- Healthier blood pressure levels
- Less gum disease and tooth loss